Q&A: How do I backup data over a Crossover Cable Network in Vista?

Buy cable crossovers in our shop.



Question by Rorymarsh: How do I backup data over a Crossover Cable Network in Vista? Basically, I have a crossover cable, a computer running Vista, and a laptop running Vista. What I need to be able to do is network the two computers together, using a crossover network, and transfer all of the data accross to the computer for backing up, so I can format the laptop, then do the reverse and put the data back on the laptop. Oh and I'm an advanced user, so you can be as technical as you need to be! Cheers. Best answer:

Answer by Kryten
The first thing to do is go to the start button, right-click on "Computer", choose "properties" and choose "Advanced System Settings" and "Computer Name". Make sure both are on the same workgroup. Plug in the crossover cat5 cable and then choose "Start" followed by "Network".

Give your answer to this question below!

Source: http://buyallonline.com/

No comments: